Exceptional HVAC Repairs When You Need Them Most
Winters in the Chicagoland area tend to be unbearable and freezing. If your furnace or heater is not working you already know how important it is to get a furnace repair and have your furnace running again. Even well-maintained furnace/heating systems can have repairs happen unexpectedly due to normal wear and tear from the brutal winters we experience year after year. It’s on days like this that having reliable furnace repair in Downers Grove, IL, and the surrounding areas can help take some of the stress away. Here at Pro Air Heating Cooling and Electrical, our experienced furnace technicians have the tools and training necessary to bring comfort back into your home when you need it most. If you need heater repair in Downers Grove, IL, please give us a call at 630-641-5489.
How Do I Know If My Furnace Is Broken or Needs Repair?
There are many reasons a repair can be required, but a few noticeable signs that your furnace needs a repair from a Pro technician can include:
- Your digital thermostat’s display is blank or has lost power.
- You hear unusual noises coming from your equipment.
- Cold air is blowing out of vents.
- The thermostat indicates that it is heating but the temperature keeps going down.
- Cold and drafty inside the house.
- High utility bill
How Much Does it Cost to Repair a Furnace?
Your furnace is an advanced piece of equipment that requires expert service and knowledge in order to keep your investment running as it was intended. Several aspects go into the pricing of a repair, including but not limited to:
- What part needs to be repaired
- If your furnace is under warranty
- If the repair is done outside of normal business hours — the emergency fee will be assessed.
What to Do if the Furnace is Short Cycling?
If your furnace seems to be short cycling, this could be occurring for several reasons, but here are a couple of things to check in your home to see if they seem to resolve the problem:
- Check your air filter-it is recommended to replace the filter every 30 days to ensure proper airflow and to not overheat/overwork your furnace or heater.
- Check that there are no closed vent registers- many people think that they are saving money by closing the vents in unused rooms of the house, but this is not the case. This actually makes your furnace work harder and restricts air flow which decreases the life of your furnace.
After checking these two areas, and still experiencing short cycling on your furnace, call Pro Air Heating Cooling and Electrical. We are local, experienced technicians you can count on for heater repair in Downers Grove, IL. You can reach us at 630-641-5489 today!